httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2.2.4 windows binary w/ssl?
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:50:39 GMT
Hi,
> Should we add a cert-creation .sh and .vbs script to support/ for this
> purpose (on any platform)?  Sounds like a great idea to me!
+1 from me.
If you find my vbs useful then I will contribute it.
I've spent a good time to find at least something working; the Inet is full of stuff, but
everyone does with another way - from one to three separate calls of openssl I found a lot;
this shows that its not so trivial and clear to everyone to create proper certs Apache2 is
happy with without throwing warnings....

>   msiexec /a apache_2.2.4-x86-winnt-xxx.msi

> will unpack the files to do whatever they like with them :-)  This works
> whether the package has been installed, or not.
ok, I knew this, and did already point that out; however what do you think about adding this
hint to the README in http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/ ?

Guenter.