httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Helmut Tessarek <tessa...@evermeet.cx>
Subject Re: DBD framework, APR, caching
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 19:29:20 GMT
On 24.03.2007 14:54, Tom Donovan wrote:
> If procedures only require input parameters and return a result set
> (like the example procedure GROUP_SP in mod_auth_ibmdb2) - they can be
> invoked by apr_dbd_select with the SQL statement:
>
>   "CALL GROUP_SP(?)"

If this is the case then DBD does support stored procedures. The other question
is how are errors handled when using SPs? I guess I will have to start writing
the apr_dbd_ibmdb2 driver... :-)

> The example procedure USER_SP could be changed to return a single-row
> result set containing the password rather than using an output
> parameter.  I think it would fit into the current dbd scheme this way,
> although I don't use DB2 so I'm not 100% sure.

Yes that would do it.

> Explicit stored procedure support might be useful in dbd, but it can
> become messy with database-specific details very quickly.

Yes, this is true. But if SPs can be invoked the way you described earlier, then
it is not really necessary to have explicit SP support.

Regards,
   Helmut