httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: 2.2.4 windows binary w/ssl?
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:22:27 GMT
Guenter Knauf wrote:
> I've heard from a couple of users that they prefer *.zip archives
> rather than the *.msi files; and hacked a WSH script to fix the config
> files when using a zip distribution.

Should we add a cert-creation .sh and .vbs script to support/ for this
purpose (on any platform)?  Sounds like a great idea to me!

> So I think it would be great to
> disribute a *.zip archive too in addition to the *.msi.

Well, it's not worth pleasing all the people, all the time.  But for those
who ask for 'just the files', you can always point out that...

  msiexec /a apache_2.2.4-x86-winnt-xxx.msi

will unpack the files to do whatever they like with them :-)  This works
whether the package has been installed, or not.

I'm not a fan of multiple-different flavors to download, I find they
create more support questions, not fewer.

View raw message