httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Win32 inconsistencies
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 07:46:27 GMT
I'd like to propose we make two changes on Win32.

1st; deprecate the Win32DisableAcceptEx directive (axe it entirely from
trunk), and change the default to..

  AcceptFilter none

with options of

  AcceptFilter ex
  AcceptFilter data

Either form will trigger the AcceptEx code path, the later will provide
the initial data similar to our unix flavors, which I'll need to engineer
to pass into the core network socket filter.

The other change is to deny the '\' path separator by default to avoid the
various confusion that results between unix and windows servers, and provide
a directive to permit '\' to be treated ONLY as the path separator '/' on
either unix or windows.  This directive is obviously only interesting to
users porting a site from 'those servers' that permit '\' delimiters, and
could be permitted on a per-dir basis for further path parsing, if my guess
proves correct.