httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Frank <fr...@x09.de>
Subject Re: sed filter module
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:07:49 GMT
Just wanted to add my two cents worth...

We are using mod_line_edit a lot and would like to see a similar
functionality coming with Apache by default. :-)

When I am correct mod_line_edit has the 'wrong' license model for being
included into Apache by default.

Just for your infomation: There are more modules having a similar
functionality:

http://mod-replace.sourceforge.net/
http://yomi.2288.org/forum/ftopic22.html (given by
http://modules.apache.org/search?id=857)
http://happygiraffe.net/mod_sed.html (VERY old)

All modules are missing a feature we would like to see: Like in
mod_rewrite's RewriteMap it would be cool to specify a function being
called on the argument while replacing. E.g.:

RewriteBodyLine 'http://(.*?)/(.*)/(.*)'
'http://${LOWERCASE:$1}/${MD5:$2}/$3'

... as I told before: Just my $.2

P.S.: And I vote for a better name like 'mod_filter_pcre' ...