httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: sed filter module
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 17:10:14 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Anyone mind if I fold it into trunk and maybe have us
> consider making it part of 2.2 (even under experimental)?

+1 to trunk!  No opinion yet on 2.2 (I'm not a big fan of growing
the stable branch since it entirely defeats the drive to release
2.next, ever.)

> No docs yet but the code is:
>
>     http://people.apache.org/~jim/code/mod_sed_filter.c
>
> and the usage is easy:
>
>     AddOutputFilterByType SEDFILTER text/html
>     Sed s/foo/bar/in
>     Sed s#monkey(hat)#chimp-$1#i
>     Sed "s/works/functions/in"
>
> note that it uses sed line controls, flexible
> delims and support regex and simple pattern match (the 'n'
> flag... no real sed option there ;) )

Is this sed or pcre syntax?  I'm a bit confused :)

Although it's sed-ish, is it misleading to confuse the user with the
phrase sed considering the unsupported constructs?  E.g. I presume
the more complex sed language features aren't present.

I'm wondering if mod_pcre_filter wouldn't be more accurate?