httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Status of Bug # 39243
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2007 01:57:37 GMT
Kevin wrote:

> Additionally, I've added the following to the bug report:
>
> Sorry.  I should have added above that there are no client certificates
> involved in these uploads.  I'm not savvy enough about the internals of
> either apache or plone to know, but I suppose that means it's possible
> that what I'm seeing is not actually this bug, but the behavior of my
> systems match the symptoms in every way except for the involvement of
> client certificates

Exactly; your report doesn't belong in 39243 at all if you don't use the
client certificate functions.

I came across a number of documents (google might be useful to you here)
that refer to IE's behavior

http://www.motobit.com/help/scptutl/pa81.htm
"2. Read all the source data.  Client browsers accepts only one response:
100 continue. Or, as IE - the browser ignores initial server response -
sends the form data regardless of the response."

Which might mean 1. we need to be able to disable this behavior relative
to bug 39243 (100-continue-async or something), and 2. have some relevance
on how your POST-accepting application is failing.  But I suspect your
failures have nothing to do with "Apache" itself.

Bill