httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Mathias Herberts" <mathias.herbe...@gmail.com>
Subject mod_proxy patches
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 11:21:12 GMT
Hi,

back in october I submitted several patches to mod_proxy to address
some issues I had. At the time I was asked to resubmit my patched
against trunk instead of branch 2.2. I did not find the time then to
redo the work but at last I've been able to dedicate some time to this
task.

Included in this message are therefore three patches.

* stickysessionpathid.patch

This patch adds a balancer option 'stickysessionpathid' which allows
to set the name to look for in the request path. This is needed for
example when dealing with servlet containers as backend as the servlet
spec defines the name of the session cookie to be 'JSESSIONID' but the
name of the path component to be ';jsessionid'. Without this patch
Apache can only detect one of the two occurences.

The value set with 'stickysessionpathid' is only looked for in the
path, not in the cookie. If the token is not found in the path, the
value of 'stickysession' is looked for (if it was defined).

* forceclose.patch

This patch adds a worker option 'forceclose' which can be set to 'On'
or 'Off' and which specifies if the backend connection should be
closed upon request completion.

Being able to force the closing of a backend connection (AJP or HTTP,
SSL connections are already closed after request completion) is
important as Apache has a multi-process architecture which could lead
to connection exhaustion to a backend if all connections to it are
already held by processes currently serving another backend.

* balancer-manager-status.patch

This patch modifies the balancer-manager page so the status can be
set/unset to Disabled/Stopped/Hot-StandBy/In-Error.

I submit this patch without being really convinced the setting of
parameters through the balancer-manager page is really useful when
Apache is operating in multi processes mode, the parameters
modification being only visible locally in the process having served
the modification request.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mathias.