httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Devi Krishna" <devkrish.webeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Regarding NTLM for mod_proxy
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 21:25:40 GMT
Dear Apache Gurus

 I am trying to get mod_proxy_http to work in pass through mode for NTLM
authentication. I see that in apache proxy we dont keep the backend
connection persistant. This causes NTLM to fail because on receiving type2
message from client, the proxy forwards this to the Origin Server using a
new connection. This causes the NTLM authentication to fail

Could you advice as to how to approach this issue.  I see that we create
the  "backend"  variable each time proxy_http_handler.

Additionally I took  a  look at using ProxyPass directive using which as per
the document we can set keepalive.  But it seems that  helps map a
particular request uri path to the outgoing proxy. In my case the mod_proxy
should just proxy all request to the actual Origin Server
I am not sure how we can give that. Any inputs you could provide would be of
great help!

Thanks  & Regards
Devi