httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: TSU NOTIFICATION - Encryption
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 23:14:54 GMT
On Feb 22, 2007, at 3:03 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>>
>> NOTIFICATION:         http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/
>
> Something I notice about this page; does it make sense to explode the
> visible hyperlink under "Controlled Source" to include the text of the
> URI, e.g. "ASF" becomes "ASF http://httpd.apache.org/repos/asf/
> somesource"

I decided against that for two reasons:

   1) the legal notice contains the manufacturer names and the only
      stable link is to this page.  The other links are supposed to
      be adjustable by us at any time.  Therefore, printed versions
      of this page should not contain printed URIs by default.  The
      BIS can print the links by using a text mode tool, but AFAIK
      there is no requirement for display of the subsidiary URIs.

   2) it would be ugly.

....Roy