httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dziugas Baltrunas" <dziu...@gmail.com>
Subject Limiting response body length
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:41:55 GMT
Hi list,

I'm wondering if there any plans to implement implement a response
body length limitation inside mod_proxy?

For now we have only a global LimitRequestBody and what I'm looking is
an analog "LimitResponseBody". In case Apache HTTP works as a
reverse/forward proxy, it's usual case for a proxy to block
downloading files of a certain size (huge MP3 files as an example).

To illustrate, squid for this purpose has reply_body_max_size [1]
parameter. Looks like it is only Content-Length response header (if
any) dependent, but IMHO with Apache filtering mechanism it should be
possible to cancel a fetch transaction when output byte counter
reaches some boundary.

I've also tried to look at exiting third party modules like
mod_throttle [2] (deprecated), mod_cband [3] and mod_bw [4], but all
of them seem to be tied on bandwidth limitations and not a limits of a
single request.

Thanks in advance.

[1] http://www.visolve.com:81/squid/squid30/accesscontrols.php#reply_body_max_size
[2] http://www.snert.com/Software/apache.html