httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: questions related to compile!
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 21:04:43 GMT

On Feb 6, 2007, at 11:53 AM, 张 臻博 wrote:

> How can i include the source file that i made in the Apache server
> comiplation process, while the module is still built as a DSO by
> using apxs

You would have to declare the structure in a header file, which you
#include in both your module source code and in the Apache source
file where you reference it. Then, when you configure httpd, you can
tell it where your header file lives by passing an environment
variable, like:

CFLAGS="-I/path/to/your/module/source" ./configure ...

It is of course entirely up to you how you design your module and its
interaction with the core, and we cannot make any assumptions about
your particular requirements.  However, you must realize that
modifying the httpd core ties your module completely to that modified
version of Apache: anyone who wants to use it must patch and
recompile httpd before they can do so, and repeat this step each time
they upgrade Apache.

The module API was designed to allow modules a considerable amount of
flexibility, and provides opportunities to store both long-lived
configuration data and arbitrary data per request, per connection or
attached to a memory pool.  The various callback hooks provide
modules with opportunity to manipulate this data, along with the
request information, at many points during the handling cycle.  You
may refer to modules/experimental/mod_example.c in the httpd trunk
for more information.

Regards,

S.