httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <devk...@thevortex.cc>
Subject Re: State of perchild MPM
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 00:28:29 GMT

This is similar to the route I was pondering.  But I believe it would add a greater degree
of security to have the kernel module read a config file in the /etc directory which limits
which uid's may switch to precisely which uid's.  That way the parent process can fork a child
and setuid for the vhost, but the child process cannot setuid back to the parent.  This would
eliminate some of the security concerns mentioned below.