httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <>
Subject Re: ReCap: 2.2.4 windows binary w/ssl?
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 17:11:35 GMT

On Feb 18, 2007, at 8:01 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Everyone agrees that a batch file or something that would help the
> users make
> a server certificate would be goodness; this isn't a win32-specific
> issue,
> either, if you examine the most FAQ'ed on users@.

I believe we ship the openssl.exe binary on Windows, yes?  That makes
it at least feasible for users to generate keys.  Yes, it would be
nice to have a batch script that generates a key, self-signed cert
and csr.  I have never programmed BAT in anger, perhaps someone who
knows their way around that can whip it up.

It would also be a nice-to-have on other platforms: I always have to
look up the correct invocation.  I'll see if I can whip up a shell
script that does the same.