httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: 3.0 - Introduction
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 00:10:24 GMT
On Feb 14, 2007, at 3:06 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Paul Querna wrote:
>>
>> +1 to moving goal and discussion to a SVN file and starting a sandbox
>> (same level as tags/branches?)
>
> Nooo - it is another sort of branch/, so belongs there.
>
> We could have a separate place, but why?  branches/n.n.x should always
> sort before branches/async-foo, branches/amsterdam and so on.

I was planning on creating

    repos/asf/httpd/sandbox/amsterdam/

and then moving the GSoC stuff to other subdirectories of that
sandbox.  I prefer to think of branches as forks off of trunk,
whereas the sandbox would not be.

Although, we could do both, with a bunch of sandboxes to play with
ideas and then a branch to act as the "what everyone has agreed to
merge so far" tree.  That is, assuming we don't want to displace
trunk yet.  *shrug*

....Roy