httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Arnold Daniels <i...@adaniels.nl>
Subject Re: What do you think about Lighttpd?
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 17:03:36 GMT
Howerd,

PHP does not recommend running php as a module in a threaded
environment, because a number of PHP extensions are not thread-safe.
Apache2 MPM-prefork will run just fine with php as module.

Nick already told you, that Apache allows you to choose. So simply use
the fast-cgi/mpm-event combo, if you like that best. And if you want to
evangelize the combo, nobody is stopping you.

There not much more to say about this topic, so please consider it closed.

Best regards,
Arnold