httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 3.0 - Introduction
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 00:47:54 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> I was planning on creating
>
>    repos/asf/httpd/sandbox/amsterdam/
>
> and then moving the GSoC stuff to other subdirectories of that
> sandbox.  I prefer to think of branches as forks off of trunk,
> whereas the sandbox would not be.

Ok... that's another way.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/

already contains several sandboxes, but these could be moved as well.
I need to jump back into fips-dev now that openssl-fips-1.1.1 has it's
glossy certificate again.

> Although, we could do both, with a bunch of sandboxes to play with
> ideas and then a branch to act as the "what everyone has agreed to
> merge so far" tree.  That is, assuming we don't want to displace
> trunk yet.  *shrug*

If we do decide to open trunk to what become '3.0' changes, I'd only
ask that we take 5 minutes to branch 2.3.x first.

Bill