httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Nicholls <gnicho...@bellsouth.net>
Subject protocol module ?
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 13:20:56 GMT
  I've been looking at mod-ftpd and mod-pop3 with a view to writing a
protocol module. What I haven't been able to work out from reading
these, is how a particular protocol module 'registers' its interest in
specific connections.
eg. Assume there's 2 protocols being used and we have Listen 8080 http
and Listen 1234 foo. I use ap_hook_process_connection to insert mod_foo
into the chain. So far so good but I only want to process connections
coming on port 1234. Neither mod-ftpd or mod-pop3 seem to have any code
that examines the connection with a view to declining those they can't
process. So I'm guessing that there's some mechanism for assigning
protocols/ports to a specific module. I just don't know how to do it.
       Can some kind soul point out what I've missed please ?
          Thanks,
             Gregory Nicholls