httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: 3.0 - Proposed Goals
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:30:01 GMT
On Mon, February 19, 2007 11:44 am, Nick Kew wrote:

> You've missed the most important consideration here.
> Namely, don't break everything that's gone before.
>
> Specifically, a big -1 on forcing substantial rewrites of
> existing applications.  Or in other words, the API must
> continue to work (with at most trivial breakages).

>From the experience of other projects, grand rewrites have a tendency to
take a long time, causing the developers to lose interest eventually and
for the effort to ultimately fizzle out.

I would suggest pick one well defined goal out of the list proposed, and
focus on that till you can get it working, then move to the next item (and
probably release a v4.x).

Regards,
Graham