httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jorge Schrauwen" <jorge.schrau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.0 - Introduction
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 07:50:19 GMT
On 2/14/07, Paul Querna <chip@force-elite.com> wrote:

> I personally believe the push for 3.0 needs to be focused on how to
> create a positive scratch your own itch for most of the developer. So,
> in that spirit, what bothers everyone else about 2.x?

- Things I find lacking in 2.x are like you said the httpd core tie-up.
projects like mod_ftp are great but you are stuck with a mpm's build for
http server.

- Config File Maintance! mod_macro does agreat job at making it easier.
  e.g.: you define a macro for a vhost and can just pass parameters to it.
  If you need to change something you don't have to edit all the vhost
blocks just one.

- Config File Layout: Its still a text file. This has it's advantage but
personaly I find xml much more readable and easier to follow the flow of a
huge file.

thats about it from what comes to my mind

--
~Jorge