httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Plüm, Rüdiger, VF EITO <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
Subject Re: 3.0 - Proposed Goals
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:28:20 GMT

Maybe we should keep in mind new possibilities like Linux's splice,
vmsplice and tee which could be useful for transfering files (local
on slow disks or on NFS) fast to a fast local cache.

> For those that haven't seen serf, it lives here now:
> http://code.google.com/p/serf/
>
> So, it'd be nice if Serf would be a starting point - plus, if we

Plus, we could integrate serf itself into 3.x to

- Have a http client API available inside of the core httpd / module delivered
  with httpd which has been requested in the past.
- We could use this API to improve the http proxy (the current access method
  with the reversed filter chains seems to me some sort of a hack)
- Support things like OCSP which also need a http client API.

Regards

Rüdiger