httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Limiting response body length
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:51:42 GMT
On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 18:26:54 +0100
Joost de Heer <joost@sanguis.xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Dziugas Baltrunas schreef:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I'm wondering if there any plans to implement implement a response
> > body length limitation inside mod_proxy?
>
> Output filter which checks the size and returns an error when it's
> larger than a predefined size?
>
> Joost

1. Where there's a Content-Length, it can be done earlier and
more efficiently by just reading that - with the added bonus
of being able to send a sensible errordocument to the client.

2. Where there's chunked encoding, the check would best be
implemented in the chunking filter.

3. A simple count/abort filter is then a last resort.
And it won't be able to tell the client what's happened,
because the header has already been sent (unless it
buffers the entire response, which is horribly inefficient).

Not too hard to implement.  Alas, I have no time to
look into it myself right now.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/