httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: Large Resource Consumption by One User Access to mp3 File
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 16:30:28 GMT
Hi Greg,

According to your logs, each of the responses are 206 (Partial Content)
codes, which means the client requested only a range of the resource,
not the entire resource (see
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html#sec10.2.7
for details).

It is unclear from your message how the Apache Service is stopping, or
if it recovers or crashes. If it is crashing, then a bug report would
be greatly appreciated. If it is simply becomming inaccessible for a
brief period, that sounds more likely to be underallocation of resources,
and the user support list will be the best place to address that.

-aaron