httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Henrik Nordstrom <hen...@henriknordstrom.net>
Subject Re: Limiting response body length
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 22:35:24 GMT
mån 2007-02-12 klockan 21:55 +0000 skrev Nick Kew:

> Because the chunking filter is equipped to discard the chunk that
> takes it over the limit, and substitute end-of-chunking.
> If we do that in a new filter, we have to reinvent that wheel.

Not sure substitue "end-of-chunking" is a reasonable thing here. It's an
abort condition, not an EOF condition. Imho you'd better abort the flow,
that way telling the client that the request failed instead of silently
truncating the response.

But yes, the earlier you know the limit is going to be hit the better.
Just not sure you will find many where the chunk size is of such size it
really makes a difference, but I may be wrong..

Regards
Henrik