httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Trawick" <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Piped logger nightmares
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 12:27:52 GMT
On 1/8/07, Sander Temme <sctemme@apache.org> wrote:
> On Jan 8, 2007, at 5:06 PM, Sander Temme wrote:
>
> >> Can you confirm that 1.3 was busted on Windows too?
> >
> > Starting 1.3.37 from the shell (not as a Service):
>
> I'm starting to engage myself in quite the conversation.
>
> Started 2.2.3 from the command line. It does the same thing as the
> service: two cmd.exe + rotatelogs.exe from the parent, two from the
> child. However, it also opens two empty cmd.exe *windows*.
>
> Killing he server by ^C in the cmd.exe that started it gives me two
> orphaned rotatelogs.exe processes, left behind by the child.

This 1.3 code

#elif defined(WIN32)
    shellcmd = getenv("COMSPEC");
    if (!shellcmd)
        shellcmd = SHELL_PATH;
    child_pid = spawnl(_P_NOWAIT, shellcmd, shellcmd, "/c", (char *)cmd, NULL);
    return(child_pid);
#elif defined(OS2)

has been replaced with a lot of other code.

Does anybody know how to tell which flags spawnl() passes to
CreateProcess[W] when 1.3 starts its piped loggers  (something like
truss/strace I guess)?