httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <apa...@gknw.net>
Subject Re: Bugzilla flow (Re: Add 2.2.4 to bugzilla)
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:48:46 GMT
Hi,
> What I'm most unhappy about is that we have 783 bugs in New,
> Assigned, Reopened, NeedInfo... that seems like quite a lot.  Perhaps
Then let's start and solve two of the 783 so we can these cross off the list....

| Bugzilla Bug ID                                                           |
|     +---------------------------------------------------------------------+
|     | Status: UNC=Unconfirmed NEW=New         ASS=Assigned                |
|     |         OPN=Reopened    VER=Verified    (Skipped Closed/Resolved)   |
|     |   +-----------------------------------------------------------------+
|     |   | Severity: BLK=Blocker     CRI=Critical    MAJ=Major             |
|     |   |           MIN=Minor       NOR=Normal      ENH=Enhancement       |
|     |   |   +-------------------------------------------------------------+
|     |   |   | Date Posted                                                 |
|     |   |   |          +--------------------------------------------------+
|     |   |   |          | Description                                      |
|     |   |   |          |                                                  |
|19182|New|Blk|2003-04-20|SSLMutex field in ssl.conf needs to be updated.   |
|28923|New|Nor|2004-05-12|Invalid argument for SSLMutex in ./docs/conf/ssl-s|

It is my understanding that 'default' is the right choose, and the platform for what Apache2
gets compiled should choose the right default - probably with defines in the code.
If this is not appropriate then please make a decision and close both bugs, and tell me that
its required to patch the build process so that it can be fixed by the time when the final
httpd-ssl.conf gets created from httpd-ssl.conf.in ...
Currently with the 2.2.4 release on Win32 I see that it gets now fixed during build process
generation of httpd-ssl.conf; Makefile.win line 686 - file date from 07-Dec-2006:
	gsub( /SSLMutex  file:@exp_runtimedir@\/ssl_mutex/, "SSLMutex default" );

so if that is now the right way to go let me know, and I will look for a patch for NetWare
so that we can do same there too, and close those bugs finally.

Nevertheless I believe this should get fixed on the Unix side so that every platform is happy
with 'default' rather than doing substitutions during the generation of the conf. Currently
there are two platforms (Win32 and NetWare) which are only happy with 'SSLMutex default'.
Also it seems that anyway there happens substitution on Unix/Linux to replace @exp_runtimedir@
with a valid directory - so I would tend to do the substitution only on these platforms where
its anyway required already, and let the other two just copy the 'SSLMutex default' unchanged;
with current new approach we have to substitute on every platform.

thanks, Guenter.