httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Piped logger nightmares
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 01:06:11 GMT

On Jan 6, 2007, at 6:55 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Can you confirm that 1.3 was busted on Windows too?

Starting 1.3.37 from the shell (not as a Service):

Parent opens two cmd.exe + rotatelogs.exe with error.log  argument,
and one such combination with access.log argument. Child opens one
combination for each log file.

Again, no trouble on the five minute log roll.

Stopping the server by ^C on the command prompt makes everything go
away.

Once again starting as a Service (I didn't have Process Explorer last
time I tried) gives me no problems: two cmd.exe + rotatelogs.exe
started from the child, no surprises when cycling the service.

S.