httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Akins, Brian" <Brian.Ak...@turner.com>
Subject Re: mod_cache+mod_rewrite behaviour
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 20:04:31 GMT

On 1/23/07 10:44 AM, "Niklas Edmundsson" <nikke@acc.umu.se> wrote:
> Ah, you can place CacheEnable-directives in the vhost context too.
> Then it should be sufficient, unless you want to say "ignore
> querystring for all .gif:s" or something like that. Perhaps use a
> regex instead?

In our home-grown cache module, the "rules" are actually provider based.  We
have providers that provide matches based on exact match, string match,
regex, prefix, environment variable, and other assorted things.

Something like:

CacheEnable disk regex=\.gif$ ignore_query
CacheEnable disk prefix=/somethingelse foo=bar
Cacheenable mem  exact=/strange/stuff.asp
CacheDisable regex=\.php$

Default "match provider" could be prefix to allow users to still do:

CacheEnable disk /cache_me

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer