httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: different layer for Apache http server
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 00:28:49 GMT

On Jan 4, 2007, at 2:19 AM, 张 臻博 wrote:

> Now the problems i have encountered is that: because Apache uses
> pool to handle memory management, while all my api and code in
> proxy doesn't use pool.... Does it mean that i have to rewrite all
> of previous code to use pool management? It will be really huge
> job... Is there some compromised way to handle?

Pools are a wonderful feature for a large number of reasons.  Most
importantly, they are portable across all platforms supported by APR
and take away the burden of memory management from the developer,
which is especially nice in an environment where memory needs to be
allocated and deallocated very frequently.

However, you are under no obligation to use them. If you have your
malloc() and free() logic all worked out, you should just be able to
keep using that.

S.