httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Vote request: Accept mod_ftp podling for graduation
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:42:37 GMT
mod_ftp is a protocol module for Apache 2.x which
adds in RFC-compliant FTP as a supported protocol
for httpd.

Work has been done in getting mod_ftp ported to the
Apache 2.x build environment, compatibility with
later versions of APR (for httpd 2.2.x) and other
improvements. It's time for mod_ftp to graduate...

The mod_ftp PPMC has voted on graduation and it was approved[1].
We are now asking the httpd PMC to approve graduation.
One topic for discussion is whether it should be a "subproject"
of httpd (ala mod_mbox, mod_python, ...) or simply
added to httpd-trunk under modules/. I would assume
that final-destination be determined before we actually
vote, so I'd like to start the whole process.

(Note: resent to httpd dev list, although it's actually the
  PMC which votes on accepting or not)

View raw message