httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [CORRECTIONS] httpd-2.2.4 release candidate for review
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 01:03:05 GMT
On 1/9/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> More to the point, it was their makefile (patched as needed, but that's
> not the point) ... but not the rest of their packages.  We don't ship
> zlib/openssl sources in the package.  In my build structure, they are
> just junctions.  I was being 'clever' zipping up all the *.mak/*.dep files
> into a package - threw it on my linux export of the packages and unpacked
> it for the final result.  My bad I forgot to unlink those junctions first.
>
> The directories themselves, nevermind the .mak files within them, should
> have never existed in a source package.

So, what Makefile.win does hack-msvc8-httpd-2.2.4.patch apply to?
That looks like it has some httpd-specific stuff, so I'm not clear how
that is a third-party Makefile.  Or, am I misunderstanding something
about the patch you posted?  Or was the diff between the Windows zip
files something more substantial than what is in the .patch file?  --
justin