httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Olsen" <>
Subject buildconf specifies AC_PREREQ(2.13) but uses AC_MSG_NOTICE
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 21:54:59 GMT

I'm not very familiar with autoconf so forgive me if I'm wrong, but it
looks like AC_MSG_NOTICE is not in autoconf 2.13 but it is being used
by buildconf which specifies an AC_PREREQ(2.13)

This results in an undefined macro error which buildconf ignores.

$ autoconf2.13
autoconf: Undefined macros:  AC_MSG_NOTICE([Using external PCRE library from
$PCRE_CONFIG])  AC_MSG_NOTICE([Configuring PCRE regular expression library])
$ echo $?

configure then bails because the macro is not substituted:

./configure: line 2858: syntax error near unexpected token `Using'
./configure: line 2858: `  AC_MSG_NOTICE(Using external PCRE library

This is on httpd 2.2 trunk.

I can file a bug a report if someone confirms that this is indeed a bug.

View raw message