httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Zvi Har'El" ...@math.technion.ac.il>
Subject overflow in mod_autoindex suspected - solaris - httpd 2.2.*
Date Sun, 14 Jan 2007 13:14:22 GMT
Hi Apache Developers,

I a a web master of a Solaris 2.9 system for quite a number of years,
and always use the most recent Apache version available. I am now using
Apache 2.2.4, but the problem I describe below started with the 2.2.x
branch. 2.0.59 doesn't have this problem.

The problem that in an autogenerated directory index, if the
'HeaderName' file is 256 bytes or more, and it has mime type text/html,
Apache returns an empty page. You can look at
http://www.math.technion.ac.il/test_mod_auto_index/ for a demonstration.
The same test on a RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 succeeds.

Thanks,

Zvi.

--
Dr. Zvi Har'El      mailto:rl@math.technion.ac.il    Department of Mathematics
tel:+972-54-4227607 icq:179294841    Technion - Israel Institute of Technology