httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [CORRECTIONS] httpd-2.2.4 release candidate for review
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 00:51:29 GMT

Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 1/9/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>> Well, correcting the additional cruft under srclib/zlib and
>> srclib/openssl,
>> which are not part of the distribution, is a no brainer.
>
> AIUI, it changes our Makefile not theirs.

More to the point, it was their makefile (patched as needed, but that's
not the point) ... but not the rest of their packages.  We don't ship
zlib/openssl sources in the package.  In my build structure, they are
just junctions.  I was being 'clever' zipping up all the *.mak/*.dep files
into a package - threw it on my linux export of the packages and unpacked
it for the final result.  My bad I forgot to unlink those junctions first.

The directories themselves, nevermind the .mak files within them, should
have never existed in a source package.

>> So I presume you object to the six line patch I attached?  As I begged,
>> if anyone objects, I'll revert and repost.
>>
>> No cause for 2.2.5.
>
> I would post that under the patches/ directory and if you want, note
> it in the 2.2.4 announcement.  But, I largely view the releases as
> sacrosanct once posted for review and voting.  -- justin

No hassle.  Updated, fresh package in place with the patch reverted (may
take a few to get from staging to live.)