httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Donovan <donov...@bellatlantic.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] httpd-2.2.4 release candidate for review
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 19:02:02 GMT
re: "start an incident at Microsoft"

I'll try - but since Win2000 is in what MS calls "Extended support phase", only security bugs
are
accepted.  I'll describe it as creatively as I can...

re: "I don't see this as a showstopper"

True. The Win32DisableAcceptEx directive certainly works.

There could be a large number of production sites running Win2k, so there is apt to be a lot
of buzz
and forum posts about "you need to add this new directive for 2.2.4".

I'd vote to fix it in 2.2.4 rather than deal with the noise - but personally I'm happy either
way
since I now know the workaround.

Glad I could contribute to an Apache release.

-tom-