httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] httpd-2.2.4 release candidate for review
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 18:00:16 GMT
Tom Donovan wrote:
> re: the Windows 2000   0.0.0.0 IP address problem
>
> Bill,
>
> Both solutions work.
>
> The Win32DisableAcceptEx directive also works to correct the problem
> (without the patch).

That's your bug - AcceptEx inhibits proper behavior of getpeername(),
if you would like to start an incident at Microsoft with respect to your
2000 machine's IP stack and drivers.

> Applying win32sock_is_known.patch corrects the problem for win2000.

Is our bug, fixing on all apr applicable branches today, thanks for all
of your detailed analysis and dedicated testing!

I don't see this as a showstopper, as there is a user-configurable
workaround (Win32DisableAcceptEx) if the client in server-status, and
the access.log/error.log entries displays as 0.0.0.0.

Bill