httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Customize lib path list (lib64 et al)?
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 00:09:38 GMT
There is a very slick feature in perl, burried quite deeply, that
might be useful for our users of ./configure (and apr's as well.)

loclibpth/locincpth define the system search order, and it might be
useful to extend this feature to httpd, to both prevent paths from
being searched, and to add defaults depending on what sort of layout
the system has (with /sw/, /opt/sfw/, lib64/ and a dozen other oddball
layouts around).

Our embedded path search logic, which modifies these frequently and
on the fly, seems to be the underlying disaster waiting to happen.
We make several early decisions when we first pick up a library's
location, only to rearrange the path and potentially, the version
and features of the lib actually used.

Thoughts?