httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Wrong libtool choice on-install (in 2.0.x)
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 02:19:33 GMT
Patrick Welche wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 08:50:51PM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> It seems like config_vars.mk is imagining something, we use apr's libtool.
>
> What is special about apr's libtool? (Can't we and apr just use
> recent libtool?)

Simple, apr installs libtool, configured in one specific manner, that apr-util,
httpd etc all rely upon.  libtool is not expected to be on the end user's
machine, except in conjunction with apr.

This hack to locate httpd-prefix/build directory, instead of apr-prefix/build
where libtool resides, causes apxs to break.