httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Trawick" <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: vote on concept of ServerTokens Off
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 12:46:10 GMT
On 12/6/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Jim Jagielski wrote:
> >>
> >> *shrug* but as everyone seems to think that this is a good idea,
> >> feel free to ignore my veto.
> >>

> > A Veto is a Veto. If you feel strongly enough about it, then
> > it cannot be, and should not be, ignored.
>
> /agree - I cast a -0 because I don't like it, don't think we should
> do it, but even more strongly feel we should stop answering the damned
> question "can I turn off the ..."  and move on :)

A moot point, but aren't a "-0" vote and the comment "even more
strongly feel we should stop answering the damned question..."
inconsistent?  This isn't a vote for how cool we think the feature
would be, but for whether or not we think it should be implemented,
after weighing the different concerns.