httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Trawick" <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: vote on concept of ServerTokens Off
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 03:17:00 GMT
On 12/5/06, Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:

> On 12/05/2006 07:16 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> >> +1.  Should be documented as "a bad idea" as Joshua notes in that
> >> thread.
> >>

> > +1 (with that condition)
>
> +1 provided the condition above is true.
>
> What is the latest patch that should be applied?

I'm pretty darn sure there is no latest ServerTokens Off patch to
apply, because it needs to be reworked slightly to work with the
patch/commit you refer to below.

> I just did a quick review of
>
> http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=18775
>
> and I think we should use the "long" version (aka ap_get_server_description())
> in the output of mod_status and mod_info instead the possibly turned off version
> ap_get_server_description()

better to review this commit:

or for 2.2.x

which does what you want.

Maybe I was confused earlier ;)  "Reviewed by: rpluem, jim"

Thanks...