httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Trent Nelson" <tnel...@onresolve.com>
Subject RE: Apache BUG: 36495 : ajp_proxy_connect_backend failure
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:53:01 GMT

> >> Tell you what would be nice:
> >> 	svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/views/
> >
> > AHHH - ok, retracting my statement... your approach is much less
prone
> > to mis-tagging.  However, it can still yield some pretty obtuse
> > commits
> > if one is not careful :)
>
> That's simple: don't make that view writable. It'd be a read-only
> service for folks that want to check out something buildable.

Indeed; it provides a nice easy way for people wanting to do local
builds, not necessarily developers doing hardcore development (who would
have the savvy to set up the development environment any which way they
want).

Any chance of trialing this view approach for trunk?  Wouldn't take more
than a couple of minutes to set up...

	Trent.