httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <>
Subject Re: Wrong etag sent with mod_deflate
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2006 15:36:25 GMT
On 12/10/06, Ruediger Pluem <> wrote:
> Question: How does a client signal that it can handle TE: gzip? Also via Accept-Encoding:
> Or is there another header for this?

'TE: gzip' is the header that the client sends in the request.  Apache
would then respond with 'Transfer-Encoding: gzip'.  We would also have
to tweak the chunking filter to also be able to chunk on top of that
as well.  (Currently, it would bail if there is any Transfer-Encoding
besides identity.  If a client actually supports TE: gzip, then it
better also be able to handle chunking on top of that.)  -- justin

View raw message