httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 2.2.4
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 21:47:38 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> Seriously, some of us will likely hack at this during the holidays,
>> and at some point, the version drift will be so great that it becomes
>> very hard to track down where breakage was introduced.
>>
>> 2.2.4 by early this coming week, followed by 2.2.5 after the holidays,
>> will make it easier to track down the offending changes (and possibly
>> give users a choice of versions - one of which doesn't have the flaw
>> they trip over.)
>
> Well, that was kind of my thought, is that people would have
> more time to play with 2.2.4-dev over the "break" and then
> I thought of the user community and whether it was "nice"
> to put out 2.2.4 a week before Christmas (causing them to
> upgrade) and then after the holidays having a 2.2.5 available
> and making them upgrade again :)

Ok then, folks feel free to 'break' 2.2.x branch over the weekend, and
we'll add the appropriate amounts of bubblegum and bailing wire.  Mostly,
I'm referring to regressions.

> I see your point 100% though... I really hoped that we would
> have had a 2.2.4 out sooner, but the votes didn't come as
> fast as expected :)

Well that changed nicely in these past two weeks, I'm liking all the review
and activity in STATUS :)

> But tell you what, if you want to do a 2.2.4 Sun/Mon
> then I'll do 2.2.5 mid-Jan (assuming there's enough for
> a release)...

That sounds like a deal, late Sun or early Mon depending on the localized
family crises :)

Folks please holler on this thread if there's show stopping breakage (or
just mark it in STATUS).

Bill