httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Creating a thread safe module and the problem of calling of 'CRYPTO_set_locking_callback' twice!
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 20:40:59 GMT
Klaus Wagner wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 18:41 +0000, Darryl Miles wrote:
>>> Maybe there is some (small) re-design of the Apache code needed?
>> Agreed, something needs to be added.  I'm saying there is no need to
>> make it specific to OpenSSL.  Serializing the initialization can be made
>> generic such that these objectives are met:
>
> why not move this issue to libapr/libarp-util

why not move this discussion to dev@apr.a.o?

There -is- an openssl wrapper now in apr (1.3-future release) that could
fit the bill.

This said, it won't be possible to accomplish the myriad features that
mod_ssl exposes through a straightforward tls wrapper.  We had one, mod_tls,
that was dirt-simple-stupid and just-worked.  It was also orphaned, people
want more out of their crypto layer.