httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject libapr.so linking
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 10:15:50 GMT
Hi All,

CFLAGS="-g3 -fno-strict-aliasing -O0 -DAP_UNSAFE_ERROR_LOG_UNESCAPED"
./configure \
     --prefix=$S/httpd/2.2.3/prefork \
     --with-apr=$S/apr/1.2.7/bin/apr-1-config \
     --with-apr-util=$S/apr-util/1.2.7-5.1.12-beta/bin/apu-1-config \
     --with-mpm=prefork \
     --enable-debug \
     --enable-modules=all \
     --enable-mods-shared=all \
     --enable-so \
     --enable-deflate-shared \
     --enable-proxy-shared \
     --enable-proxy \
     --enable-proxy-connect \
     --enable-proxy-ftp \
     --enable-proxy-http  \
     --with-mysql=$S/mysql/5.1.12-beta \
     --with-expat=/usr/local \
     --with-ssl --enable-ssl

Try as I might -- because there a /usr/local/lib/apr
/usr/local/lib 255 0 >

                                    ls -1 libapr*
libapr-1.a
libapr-1.la*
libapr-1.so@
libapr-1.so.2*
libaprutil-1.a
libaprutil-1.la*
libaprutil-1.so@
libaprutil-1.so.2*

I can't get httpd to link against the apr I really want to use.

It works fine if I set
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH SOFTWARE/apr/1.2.7/lib in the shell *after*
the compile in the shell where I try to run. it

i.e.
ldd httpd
wrong apr
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH SOFTWARE/apr/1.2.7/lib
ldd httpd
right apr

Its truly quite maddening.  I've tried setting LDFLAGS, EXTRA_LDFAGS,
and LD_LBRARY_PATH in the configure env.

ld(1)
-Lsearchdir
--library-path=searchdir
   Add path searchdir to the list of paths that ld will search for
   archive  libraries  and  ld control scripts.  You may use this option
   any number of times.  The directories are searched in the order  in
   which  they  are specified on the command line.  Directories speci-
   fied on the command line are searched before the  default  directo-
   ries.   All  -L  options apply to all -l options, regardless of the
   order in which the options appear.

AFAIK in trunk/configure.in
dnl APR should go after the other libs, so the right symbols can be
picked up
AP_LIBS="$AP_LIBS `$apu_config --link-libtool --libs` `$apr_config
--link-libtool --libs`"

Thats always going to put /usr/local/lib FIRST at least on systems that
use it.

Another obvious fix is to not install apr system wide at least in the
default lib search path.

1024D/EC88A0BF 0DE5 C55C 6BF3 B235 2DAB  B89E 1324 9B4F EC88 A0BF

I never had a dream come true
'Til the day that I found you.
Even though I pretend that I've moved on
You'll always be my baby.
I never found the words to say
You're the one I think about each day
And I know no matter where life takes me to
A part of me will always be...
A part of me will always be with you.