httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Frank <fr...@x09.de>
Subject Re: Creating a thread safe module and the problem of calling of 'CRYPTO_set_locking_callback' twice!
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 08:42:04 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Nick Kew wrote:
> [...]
>>Is OpenSSL not thread-safe?
>

> An SSL_CTX can't be cross-threaded.  If the scope of use of that CTX is
> restricted to one thread at a time, then yes, OpenSSL has been threadsafe
> for a very very long time.

You mean if I were able to create one SSL_CTX for every thread then I do
not have to use the both thread-safe-maker callbacks?

Hm, maybe this is an option. (But I must admit that I first have to find
out if and how that is possible in Apache.)

But anyway: As a matter of principle it would be good to know the
correct solution to my original problem! Normally I don't like to bypass
problems! I like to solve them! :-)

Frank