httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Plüm, Rüdiger, VF EITO <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
Subject AW: vote on concept of ServerTokens Off
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 14:57:20 GMT

The original motivation is not about security but about amount of data
as every single byte transmitted has to be paid).
FWIW I think that saving about 20 bytes in the HTTP headers
does not solve your cost problem. Usually you can save much more with
other measures like mod_deflate or tidying your output.

Regards

Rüdiger