httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: vote on concept of ServerTokens Off
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 14:37:24 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> We're up to two great answers to disable some output from the server
> that isn't required by the HTTP protocol anyway:
>
> 1) modify the source
> 2) install third-party module

Well, as you recall, I voted +1 on the patch. My concern is
that others have concerns (and there is a veto on the table
as well). If there were no other options for people who
wished to disable the Server header, then maybe the drive
would be stronger to make it part of ServerTokens.  But
there are other options... IIRC, being able to remove
Server was a major mod_security selling point.