httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Klaus Wagner <kl...@it-austria.net>
Subject Re: Creating a thread safe module and the problem of calling of 'CRYPTO_set_locking_callback' twice!
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 16:27:10 GMT
On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 18:41 +0000, Darryl Miles wrote:
> > Maybe there is some (small) re-design of the Apache code needed?
>
> Agreed, something needs to be added.  I'm saying there is no need to
> make it specific to OpenSSL.  Serializing the initialization can be made
> generic such that these objectives are met:

why not move this issue to libapr/libarp-util

Through abstraction of OpenSSL (or whatever ssl implementation)
all threading issues/race conditions etc. could be addressed and
handled without any changes of mod_core (sure mod_ssl must be changed)

After that mod_foo could use this abstraction instead of using OpenSSL.

I know that this is a big peace of work and it doesn't solve the
general lib_thread_save_intialisation_issue but it could be also of
great use for any dev (beside httpd).

regards klaus