httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Henrik Nordstrom <...@squid-cache.org>
Subject Re: Wrong etag sent with mod_deflate
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 21:41:22 GMT
fre 2006-12-08 klockan 22:28 +0100 skrev Henrik Nordstrom:

> A strong ETag must be unique among all variants of a given URI, that is
> all different forms of entities that may reside under the URI and all
> their past and future versions.

Forgot the last piece there which clears many doubts:

Entities from different URIs may share the same ETag (or even
Content-Location) with no implications on any form of equivalence
between the two.

Also I am sorry that my use of terms is a bit messed up wrt entity vs
variant vs version, but so is the specs..

Regards
Henrik